Vanier Graduate Scholarship 2021-2022 by Canadian Government | Study in Canada
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship for 2021-2022 is now open to all international students and accepting the applications from international students.
- Category: Canada Scholarships
- Type: Fully Funded
- Location: Canada
- Opening date: June 20, 2020
- Opening date: June 20, 2020
- Deadline: November 3, 2020
Coverage of Vanier Graduate Scholarship:
The Government of Canada announced the Vanier Graduate Scholarship 2021-202 for international students to follow their doctoral studies in top Canadian Universities. The Canada Graduate Scholarships offer about US$51,000 annually to each selected candidate for the scholarship during their stay in Canada for studies.
The International aspirant students who want to apply for Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (CGS) shall get a chance to start and complete their Doctoral study at their chosen Universities of Canada. Their Doctoral program studies will be fully funded or partially funded by CGS-Canadian Graduate scholarship.
Brunei Darussalam Scholarship 2021 for the Undergraduate, Masters, and PhD Degree Program Looking for Scholarships in the UK for international students? list of Top 10 UK’s Scholarships
Programs under Vanier Award
“Vanier Graduate Scholarship by the Canadian government” will be correspondingly given to the students of the following mentioned disciplines:
- Engineering Research Council (NSERC) and Natural Sciences
- Health Research (CIHR) of Canadian Institutes
- Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) and Social Sciences
Application Process of Vanier Graduate Scholarship:
Here we are going to share the step by step process to apply for the “Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (CGS)”:
Eligibility Criteria Vanier Graduate Scholarship:
- Before you apply for the Vanier Graduate Scholarship by Canada, ensure that you meet all the necessary admission and scholarship applications stated by the nominating institution.
- Those Applicants or candidates who don’t fulfill the “Canada Graduate Scholarship” eligibility criteria will not be considered.
- Aspirant candidates don’t hold the Fellowship or Ph.D. level scholarship from any of the following institutions “SSHRC, CIHR or NSERC” to undertake a Ph.D. program elsewhere while applying to Vanier graduate scholarship program.
- The students have an extraordinary educational record.
- The aspirant applicant must have an invitation letter or acceptance letter by nominating a university professor.
- Must be pursuing his first doctoral degree
List of documents needed to apply for Venier Scholarship:
- All Educational degrees, Course certifications, and transcripts
- Motivation letter
- Proof of English proficiency (IELTS, TOEFL, etc.)
- Resume and personal statement
- Submit a detailed and robust research proposal or study plan for your field of study.
Interested in studying in Australia on Scholarship? check Top 5 Scholarships in Australia – Fully Funded
All the students interested in applying for the “Canada Graduate Scholarship” must have to submit two online applications that are mentioned below:
- CCV account – in this section you are required to create an online account first, and this account will assist you in creating your resume
- Research Net account – This is the second step. Here, students have to make an account, where they will be capable of submitting their scholarship application by uploading all documents mentioned above.
Essential instructions for Applying for Vanier Graduate scholarship:
- Online applications for admission and scholarships are prepared by the aspirant student and submitted to “the nominating institution by their internal deadline” (the deadline are set in ResearchNet by the nominating institution of Canada) using the ResearchNet online application system.
- The nominating scholarship institution completes the candidate selection process.
- The scholarship nominating institution forwards all the recommended nominations (who fulfill the requests) to the Vanier-Banting Secretariat (the Secretariat) before November 3, 2020 (20:00 Eastern Time).
- The Vanier-Banting Secretariat synchronizes the review process.
- The Vanier-Banting Secretariat forwards the recommendations or approvals to the Tri-Agency Programs (TAP) Steering Committee.
- The Steering Committee (TAP) sanctions and approves the final decisions for the Vanier CGS program.
- Selected candidates are informed in April 2021.
Canada Graduate Scholarship Result Announcement:
If your application stands-out and fulfill the criteria, then the University (Scholarship Nominated) will recommend your name for the Canada Graduate Scholarship sponsored by Vanier. Candidates will get a scholarship confirmation letter via email soon after the declaration of the result. In Case you didn’t get the confirmation email, you have to contact the staff of graduate investigations to inquire about the status of your application/nomination.
An Important Article: Frequently Asked Questions about Scholarships
Canada Graduate Scholarship (CGS) is announced every year for all international students across the globe, and the application deadline is November 3, 2020.
There are two deadlines relating to the 2020-2021 competition:
Institution internal deadline:
“Following the student’s identification in ResearchNet of the institution proposed for doctoral study (see Task 10), at the top of each page, the additional deadline date and time will appear. This is the deadline by which your application must be submitted to the institution through ResearchNet. This deadline is set and controlled by each institution. You will not be able to submit your application past this precise date and time”.
“Institutions must forward their selected nominations to the Vanier CGS program by November 3, 2020 (20:00 Eastern Time).”
Further information on the CGS:
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (CGS) is now open for all international students, so far, you can apply online for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (CGS) before the deadline.