Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM) is proud to reveal the launch of UKM Vice-Chancellor Gold and Silver Scholarships. Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia scholarships for 2020-2021 are open to all potential local and international students who will (by research) register as a full-time student of the Masters and Philosophy Doctor program.
Readout more information and details about the scholarship program below in and what you should do to be eligible for the Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia Scholarships.
Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia Scholarships: An Overview
The Vice-Chancellor of Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia Scholarships are being provided to newcomer potential locally and internationally students to track their Masters and Ph.D. degrees. The University of Kebangsaan offers two types of scholarships: Gold Scholarships and Silver Scholarships, respectively.
The application for Vice-Chancellor of Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia scholarships is open to all students who have excellent academic records for locally and external postgraduate students to pursue their higher- studies at UKM.
These scholarships are available for potential students who wish to enroll their full-time postgraduate studies in comprehensive research or mixed-mode (in the mixed-mode the ratio of research and coursework will 70-30, respectively).
This scholarship application is also available to those new aspiring students who have enrolled online.
The aspirant students are informing that they should not receive any type of stipend or assistance from any state, federal, sponsors, or legislative bodies. Also, the applicants should not receive any kind of wage, pension, etc. from the company or agencies to qualify for the scholarship.
Qualified receivers of the UKM scholarship must attain good grades in his postgraduate studies. If the students fail to meet the Recommended Key Performance Index (KPI), then the scholarship award or any type of decision as decided by the Scholarship selection committee can be canceled.
PROGRAMS OFFERED BY THE UNIVERSITI KEBANGSAAN MALAYSIA:
- Economics & Management
- Environment & Development
- Ethnic Studies
- Fuel Cell institute
- Health Science
- Information Science & Technology
- International Studies
- Islamic Studies
- Malay World & Civilization
- Microengineering & Nanoelectronics
- Molecular Biology
- Science & Technology
- Social Science
- System Biology
- Visual Informatics
The benefits of scholarships that receive the students during his stay in Malaysia are highlighted below.
Gold Vice-Chancellor’s Award scholarship
The selected “Gold Vice-Chancellor’s Award scholarship” receivers are qualified for:
- Waived tuition for every semester, one-time registration, service, and activities such as thesis and conference fees, etc.
- RM3,200/month Living allowance for Ph.D. and RM2,200/month for Masters
- RM300/month of accommodation allowance
- One roundtrip flight ticket of economy class to Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) from student home country and student home country from KLIA for International, Sarawakian, and Sabahan candidates.
- Visa Cost for postgraduate studies only for International students.
Silver Vice-Chancellor’s Award scholarship
In the meantime, the selected “Silver Vice-Chancellor’s Award scholarship” winner is eligible to:
- Waived tuition fees for every semester and registration for one-time.
- Living allowance of RM2,000/month for Ph.D. students and RM1,500/month for Masters candidates
- Accommodation allowance of RM300/month
Duration of Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia Scholarships:
The typical period for scholarship acceptance is as follows:
- Doctor of Philosophy (research mode) – six (6) semesters;
- Doctor of Philosophy (mixed mode) – six (6) semesters;
- Master (research mode) – four (4) semesters;
- Master (mixed mode) – two (2) semesters or within the period set by the program
- However, a new semester application for the scholarship can be accepted by the Selection Committee.
As a beneficiary of the scholarship, as mentioned above, programs, students must obey specific terms and conditions that are to be followed. Some of them are specified as follows.
- Full attention must be given to the study by receivers. The candidate is not allowed to do many things (such as job, illegal actions, etc.) that may impact his or her education.
- Applicants of a UKM scholarship are strictly bound from now and then to University Rules and Regulations and laws in place at UKM.
Brunei Darussalam Scholarship 2021 for the Undergraduate, Masters, and PhD Degree Program Looking for Scholarships in the UK for international students? list of Top 10 UK’s Scholarships
Eligibility Criteria for Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia Scholarships:
To qualify for the Gold Vice-Chancellor Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia Scholarships, the aspirant applicant must be brilliant (with high grades in her previous studies) local and international students, depending on the Vice-Chancellor of UKM decision or the local and international outstanding students picked by the Selection Committee who fulfill the following criteria.
Gold Vice-Chancellor Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia Scholarships
- The Applicants must have to be registered as a full-time postgraduate student (Research or Mixed Mode).
- For Master’s degree applicants, applicants must have obtained a valid Bachelor’s Degree (16 years) from a state-recognized university with a Distinction CGPA of at least 3.67 or earned a First Class Bachelor’s Degree of or equivalent from a state-recognized university and must show reliability as a scholar.
- For the Ph.D. candidate, the candidates must have obtained the Master’s degree (18-years) or equivalent to Master from a reputable university of the country, the candidate published at least two (2) papers or articles in Q2 journal and above as first student author.
While to be qualified for the Silver Vice-Chancellor Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia Scholarships, the applicants must be selected by the Selection Committee as the local and foreign outstanding students. The latter meet all the requirements listed below.
Silver Vice-Chancellor Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia Scholarships
- Candidate has to be registered as a permanent postgraduate student by Research or Mixed Mode with a ratio of 70:30, respectively.
- For a Master degree applicant, the candidates must have received a Bachelor’s Degree with Distinction of at least of 3.67 CGPA or a First Class Bachelor’s Degree (16 years) or equivalent to a master’s degree from a reputable university of the state and must show trustworthiness as a scholar.
- For a Ph.D. aspirant, the candidates must have Master’s degree (16 years) or equivalent to a master’s degree from a state-recognized university.
- The candidate must have published at least TWO (2) papers or articles in the Q3 type journal and above as first student author.
Success Evaluation of the performance of “Gold and Silver Vice-Chancellor scholarship” will occur during the tenure of study. If the recipient does not meet the “Key Performance Indicator (KPI)” (mentioned below), then the decision about the scholarship or any other as decided by the UKM Selection Committee may be withdrawn.
Looking for Scholarships in the UK for international students? list of Top 10 UK’s Scholarships
The annual KPI of the Vice-Chancellor’s Gold Scholarship Recipients
- Master’s level KPI: Published at least one paper or article in Q2 or above journal as a first student author.
- Doctor of Philosophy’s level KPI: at least Published two papers or reports in Q2 or above journal as a primary student author.
The annual KPI of the Vice-Chancellor’s Silver Scholarship Recipients
- Master’s level KPI: Published at least one paper or article in Q3 or above journal as a first student author.
- Doctor of Philosophy’s level KPI: Published at least two papers or articles in Q3 type or above journal as a first student author.
How to Apply
The aspirant applicants download application form from the UKM Graduate Centre website and fill it correctly. After that, the filled application form and the necessary supporting documents emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications cannot be entertained and are considered as unsuccessful, and also notified to the applicant. The UKM selection committee will review both qualifications, and after that, the Successful and unsuccessful applications will be notified through email.
Deadline of the Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia Scholarships
The deadline for applying is heading soon. Please submit your finalized application form and supporting documents to the Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia Graduate Center at email@example.com quickly.